What we do
Biogen’s fourteen anaerobic digestion plants and three composting sites around the UK recycle around a half of a million tonnes of organic waste each year, generating 25MW of green electricity for the national grid. That’s enough energy to power the town of Harrogate for a year.
Our process also produces nutrient rich biofertilisers and composts which are both PAS 100 and PAS 110 certified and much sought after by farmers to help them grow more crops.
We provide an integrated organic waste management solution for supermarkets, caterers, pubs, hotels, food manufacturers and local authorities across the UK. We take care of everything. In fact when you ask us to take charge of your waste recycling you could say it’s off your plate - and onto ours.
Our plants are strictly regulated by the Environment Agency and Animal Health and managed to the highest environmental and safety standards (ISO 9001, 14001, 45001) All our licences and permits are available upon request.
You can send us:
- Animal by-products (ABP3)
- Source-separated food waste
- Packaged and non-packaged waste
- Cooked and raw food, high methane yielding liquids, sludges, oils and fats
- Food waste on pallets
- Grass cuttings
- Hedge trimmings
As a leading waste management company, we pride ourselves on our reliability and ability to offer our clients the highest level of service and aftersales care. Our extended site opening hours and quick delivery vehicle turnaround times can also help you manage your own operations much more efficiently. We guarantee:
- Our waste disposable units will never turn away an uncontaminated load
- To manage all deliveries to our plants within the agreed time limits specified in your contract
- To respond to all enquiries within 48 hours and wherever possible to resolve your enquiry first time
- A tailor-made, cost effective and fully integrated service
- A service that can help you meet your own recycling and environmental targets
We think you’ll find working with Biogen refreshingly straightforward. Read what some of our customers have to say.
For a complete food and garden waste management service contact us today on 01234 827249 or email firstname.lastname@example.org