What we do
Biogen’s 7 anaerobic digestion plants around the UK recycle around a quarter of a million tonnes of food waste each year, generating 11MW of green electricity for the national grid. That’s enough energy to power the town of Harrogate for a year.
Our AD process also produces a nutrient rich biofertiliser which is PAS 110 certified and much sought after by farmers to help them grow more crops.
We provide an integrated food waste management solution for supermarkets, caterers, pubs, hotels, food manufacturers and local authorities across the UK. We take care of everything. In fact when you ask us to take charge of your food waste recycling you could say it’s off your plate - and onto ours.
Our plants are strictly regulated by the Environment Agency and Animal Health and managed to the highest environmental and safety standards (ISO 9001, 14001; BS OHSAS 18001) All our licences and permits are available upon request.
You can send us:
- Animal by-products (ABP3)
- Source-separated food waste
- Packaged and non-packaged waste
- Cooked and raw food, liquids, sludges, oils and fats
- Food waste on pallets
As a leading waste management company, we pride ourselves on our reliability and ability to offer our clients the highest level of service and aftersales care. Our extended site opening hours and quick delivery vehicle turnaround times can also help you manage your own operations much more efficiently. We guarantee:
- Our waste disposable units will never turn away an uncontaminated load
- To manage all deliveries to our AD plants within the agreed time limits specified in your contract
- To respond to all enquiries within 48 hours and wherever possible to resolve your enquiry first time
- A tailor-made, cost effective and fully integrated service
- A service that can help you meet your own recycling and environmental targets
We think you’ll find working with Biogen refreshingly straightforward. Read what some of our customers have to say.
For a complete food waste management service contact us today on 01234 827249 or email email@example.com