West London Waste Authority
Biogen worked closely with the West London Waste Authority for nine years to recycle kerbside collected food waste from 400,000 homes in the London Boroughs of Ealing, Richmond, Hounslow and Harrow. All of the waste was treated via Biogen's anaerobic digestion (AD) network of sites. Biogen originally secured a five-year recycling contract in 2009 and was then awarded a new four-year contract, which ended in 2018.
The food waste was collected from the kerbside by the Local Authorities’ own waste contractors and transported to one of three waste transfer stations where Biogen supplied large bulk trailers capabale of carrying about 25 tonnes of food waste in one trip.
At Brentford, Biogen supplies large bulk trailers which can carry about 25 tonnes in one trip. Biogen works with appointed hauliers to ensure that all collections are cost effective, meaning considerable financial savings for the Authorities plus, of course, reduced carbon emissions.
“For nine years Biogen recycled, through its AD facilities, approximately 15,000 tonnes per annum of household food waste collected by various Local Authorities in West London. During our working relationship Biogen always provided a responsive, flexible and efficient service to meet our needs.” Senior Contracts Manager, West London Waste Authority.
• Biogen’s AD service can help you meet your recycling targets
• Our network of sites means we can recycle your food waste wherever you are in the UK
• We work with over 20 Local Authorities in different regions so you’ll benefit from our extensive experience
• Our AD process is cost effective, efficient and green – saving you money and protecting the planet
• We provide advice & guidance on training crews, streamlining collections and minimising contamination
• Our haulage solutions are bespoke, there’s no ‘one size fits all’ approach
Find out how you can enjoy significant cost savings and environmental benefits using our anaerobic digestion service over other disposal routes:
T: 0844 326 7241