The in-vessel composting (IVC) process mixes organic material, including food waste, under strictly-controlled environmental conditions within a sealed and fully enclosed purpose-built bunker. The process meets the highest industry standards and is compliant with latest regulations as well as having a Category 3 Animal By-Products Regulations (ABPR) License.
To find out where we operate, please click here.
- We can process a range of organic material, including:
- Kerbside domestic collected organics
- Catering waste, including meat and fish
- Local Authority civic amenity site garden waste
- Commercial fruit and vegetables
After treatment, the compost is extracted from the IVC bunkers to bays where it’s left to mature for around 6-8 weeks. The product is a stabilised, nutrient-rich and peat-free compost which is suitable as a soil improver for the farming and agriculture industry.