We are looking for an enthusiastic individual for an Accounts Assistant role to support Accounts Payable and Management Accounts with the day-to-day processing, reconciling and reporting. You will be adaptable and have a willingness to learn and improve new processes and continue to strive for self-development. Study support will be provided.
Max £20,000 pa plus study support
Fri 08 Sep 2017
As part of the finance team the Accounts Assistant role will support both Accounts Payable and Management Accounts.
- Sorting the morning post, distributing within the team, scanning invoices into the online PO system and contacting suppliers to advise of new invoicing email address
- Entering and matching invoices onto PO system
- Monitoring the Payables email inbox, responding to suppliers chasing for payment
- Resolving invoice queries with internal staff and suppliers
- Reconciling supplier statements, requesting missing invoices and resolving issues
- Reviewing the purchase ledger weekly with the AP&AR Manager to identify problem areas
- Creation of weekly/monthly POs using weighbridge software and Excel
- Cash Analysis allocation
- Responsible for month end accounting of overheads
- Production of generation invoices when required
- Assisting with balance sheet reconciliations
- Assistance with month end duties for management accounts team
- Strong IT skills including accounting software and MS Office, Excel knowledge is also a strong advantage.
- Confident in using and switching between different software programs.
- Previous experience in Accounts Payable (processing purchase invoices, resolving queries internally and externally, helping to compile payment runs, supplier statement reconciliations)
- Excellent communication skills, both face-to-face and over the phone
- Organised and methodical, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Initiative and self-sufficiency, but not afraid to ask for help when needed
- Flexibility and willingness to support all members of the team with any task that is required